The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1032 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a fun story! Very creative and with a delightful MC.
Really delightful! Well-written: flows easily, builds at the right tempo and surprises at the end. I think I see Richard appearing as MC in a wonderful novel, getting into all sorts of risky escapades as he tries to "help people." More, please.
09/06/10
Seems to me that Richard isn't the only one to have forgotten about his vow of silence. Great japes!
BTW I suspect that Edmond's assistant should be just a page and not a page boy.
09/06/10
The dialog, the characters, the story - wonderful.
09/06/10
How sinful of Brother Bartholomew to agree to Richard's plan! He should be dismissed as well! *Wink*

I couldn't help laughing at Richard's frequent changes of occupation. Definitely shows how he was following his feelings. I loved the conversations between he and Edmond. Edmond makes a great role model for him. I hope that well-meaning Richard finally finds the vocation that best suits his personality. ;)
This was a fun read. I was giggling quite a bit. Well done!
09/07/10
I want to read more!
haha, I liked Dick! Good writing as always
In search of a career path -- some things never change. You have penned a delightful tale.
09/08/10
I loved the comedic mischief of the novice monk. This is very cleverly woven together and with a fun title!
09/08/10
Great job and a good chuckle.
I even giggled at "tonsured hair" :o). I was going to look it up in the dictionary, but then figured out it must mean his head was shaved. This was cute. Thanks.
09/08/10
Fresh and delightful. Good reading. Love it,.

Mona
09/09/10
A very interesting read and an unusual way of helping others! LoL!
Congratulations for placing in the top 40 overall.
09/10/10
Yay Caity! You placed in the top 40! *Cheers and claps*