The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1193 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/30/10
What a beautiful tribute told so well. Believable, sad and sweet.
Excellent writing.
On topic.

Mona
This piece brought memories of my own loved ones, sick and dying in the hospital. I"m glad you shared this story with me. Death can be such a hard thing to accept, but the wonderful memories are so precious.
08/01/10
This is so real, honest, and beautiful. I'm sure many readers can relate to the feelings you describe so well. Great job.
08/02/10
So much emotion here. I can totally relate.
08/03/10
I love the transition when you could finally see him. You've described my Dad perfectly, the sweet corn, the black (rasp)berries. You took me back! I love your story!
Beautifully told--story of the heart with which so many can identify. I knew exactly what you meant about wanting to remember the years before the ravishing of time and disease. I did the same, and now, years later,it's those memories that shine the brightest.
I'm glad I can just type this, because I couldn't speak right now.

I was there with you every moment, from the nursing home to the funeral home, reliving memories of my own. My Papaw would be 80 this month.

Thank you for this beautifully written, healing piece. I hope it brought the same to you.
08/04/10
It was so easy to connect with this story. It evoked memories and feelings that we have all encountered. Well written.
08/04/10
I was with you all the way on this one. It's so hard to see our loved ones as they suffer before that final peace. Very moving and well told.
I'm breathless. It was so gripping that I was also left speechless! What an entry!!!
08/04/10
You packed so much into 750 words without it feeling rushed or unfinished. You said everything that needed to be said and you said it well. I could feel how the words flowed out of your heart as you wrote. What a wonderful tribute.
08/05/10
This piece brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful writing.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and in the top 40 overall!