The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1346 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/20/10
Clap! Clap! Clap! That is the sound of this reader applauding! Very clever, I enjoyed the meter.
Eat your heart out, Mr. Poe--you've been bested. This is delightful!
05/20/10
This is LOL funny. Love the "I forgot to take my meds." This is such a difficult rhyme scheme to master and you excelled! LOVE this!
05/23/10
This is excellent. So creative and funny.
05/23/10
This is so spot on...makes me think a little chewy pizza and old pimento spread might just be the secret formula. :0) Very cute~
05/24/10
So many great lines - great flow. Brilliant in my book. Really loved it.
05/24/10
I love the frantic feel of the meter of this, racing toward a deadline - terrific!
05/24/10
I love it.
BusBoss, the frantic pace of this suits the "hamster in the cage". Funny, engaging. Interesting meter and rhyme.
05/24/10
I think you've just given me stomachache...
Thanks for having some fun and sharing it with us
As soon as I started reading, I thought I've read this before LOL then realised why I thought that. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
You ate all that in one night? Very nice. Enjoyed it!
Completely entertaining! I like humorous and this did it for me with quite a few lol moments.
05/24/10
I can completely relate to stuffing my face while writing, and the line about forgetting your meds made my literally laugh out loud...super fun!
05/24/10
AWESOME! Absolutely great creativity and humor.
This was very entertaining. I loved how you were inspired by Edgar Allen Poe.
Keep writing.
Oh, the fun (lol, groan). You do a good job of describing the torture of being a writer. (And I can imagine...the next morning's torture from eating all that junk food).
05/25/10
You devoured the topic with this delightful piece. Love it truly! So creative and yet so revealing of the writer?

Mona
05/26/10
"Writing constipation? Never heard it put that way before! LOL
05/26/10
Brilliant!

(I thought I was the only one who snacked while writing. I've traded snacking off for household chores, though. Vacuum, write something, fold a load, ruminate, write, dust, write, water plants. Much easier on the waistline.)
I simply must join your long line of fans. What a GREAT entry!! Laughed, held my stomach, re-read, laughed some more. You covered the topic brilliantly, and made it incredibly fun. I'm in awe, and not a little envious of that talent.
05/26/10
Suddenly some motivation for my writing constipation.
A FW friend used this term just yesterday. Cracked me up when I saw it.

I stumbled in a couple places. Probably not your fault, but I lost the pace a time or two. Could have been something shiny that distracted me. After reading entries this week, I wonder fist: how many of us are ADD/ADHD? And how many of us "take meds" (for who knows what) and forget?
Absolutely brilliant. What a fantastic meter. Surely this is a winner.