The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1355 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Ooo, good use of the topic. I wish the word count wasn't quite so small, I felt like this was just a taste of what the story could have been.
As a teacher for Adult Literacy I can easily recognize the dilemma of these two men. Your title could not be more perfect: Trapped. You did a great job with description, dialogue and setting - I could picture everything.
04/18/10
You did a great job fleshing out these characters and the setting. Plus the dialog was just right. Story plot hit the topic right on, too.
04/18/10
Great lesson within a well-crafted story.
Perfect dialog; some of my favorite reading is of the northern climates in the 1800's. I knew right away why they weren't reading the note, but was guessing all kinds of T words myself. Really good entry.
04/20/10
I agree, the title is perfect. Excellent creative treatment of the prompt, and so well done!
04/21/10
Wonderful setting descriptions...the chill reached clear through to my bones. You always immerse your reader into your story! What a gift you have!
04/21/10
This has the feel of being an excerpt from a book... any chances in the future?
04/22/10
Love your creativity!

And imagine, I didn't find any punctuation errors! LOL
04/22/10
Wow! Excellent take on the topic.

I'm learning from the Masters!
Thank You.