The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1120 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/18/10
You had my rapt attention throughout, weaving picturesque detail into each segment of your story. Good work.
03/21/10
I enjoyed this story, and especially liked the feeling of closure in the final paragraph. (I also liked that Tess' suitcase was pink, I could see it waiting in the trunk!)
03/21/10
Oooh, I love this story. I could have kept on reading. I love your ending, too. Awesome writing.
This is, for sure, a story to be coninued. I'm waiting....
03/22/10
Double wow from me! The opening and closing were top notch and the middle was like cream in between. Very excellent. God bless.
You made me feel as though I were Tess. Captivating story, and I too, would like to see this continue.
Really liked the way this was told in hushed tones - a secret yet to be revealed. Quiet with anticipation. The child's POV never lost - a dawning not quite yet, a co-existence, a delicate balance, one would hope never be faced to explain.
Well presented.
03/23/10
This is beautifully told from the child's point of view, no "unseemly details" because the child didn't know any. "Haunting" aptly describes this story. Excellent writing!
03/23/10
I felt the tension the whole way and hoped it had a good ending. So sad...