The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1224 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful.....mission-minded .....sentimental...poetry-story-telling that may not easily be erased from the reader's mind....and may be based on a true experience. Colours re-echoing the need to evangelize/witness. A purposeful writig. Thanks very much for this contribution.
Beautiful.....mission-minded .....sentimental...poetry-story-telling that may not easily be erased from the reader's mind....and may be based on a true experience. Colours re-echoing the need to evangelize/witness. A purposeful writig. Thanks very much for this contribution.
12/11/09
Very moving—and I love the title.
Your poem touched my heart--so beautifully expressed of your sweet teacher's heart. Your gift of description brought vividly to mind the black drawings of the boy to contrast with the colors on his coffin. Great message here.
12/12/09
Oh this is a wonderful poem. I read it with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. This poem has to be a winner. It tells such a sad/happy story, while bringing in the theme of all the colours...I highly praise this poem and I do hope that the judges will too. Thanks so much for sharing this heart wrenching story poem with us...God's blessings...Helen
12/12/09
I work with elementary children and some of their stories just break my heart. Thank you for this beautiful story about little Joseph. We need to find ways to "color" our children's world.
12/14/09
Excellent--from the title to the allusion to the name (Biblical Joseph's colored coat), the meter, the rhyme. Wonderful, poignant story here! Wow!
12/14/09
Smooth as multi-colored silk ... exquisite work ... no, I would offer exquisite art ...
A beautifully told story in a masterful poetic form. Well done!
12/15/09
A bitter sweet story, and most likely true. I bet the little boy is seeing all kinds of colors now!
12/16/09
I absolutely loved this. Wonderful! Colin
12/16/09
Absolutely beautiful Mariane, it's masterpieces like this that remind me just how blessed I am to be a part of FW so that I can experience the joy of reading what our great poets share. Great work, touching and lovely.
What a wonderful story told in rhyme and rhythm. You packed a lot of story into these few verses, and your meter is right-on. Great, great job.
12/18/09
Very heartwarming and believeable. Everything worked except for the last line for me, but good job!
12/18/09
Absolutely moved me to tears. Great artistry here!