The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1161 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh the dreaded brides maid dress, your description of how she looked made me really laugh. I enjoyed reading it. I felt like I wwas sitting right there in the room with the girls.
Hey - this sounds like part I of the story..with Misty's decision still to come. I love the description of the mc in the dress = all hit the colour topic right on the head in so many ways - flower, fowl and food. Good job.
11/25/09
This was an absolute delight to read. The description of the dreaded bridesmaid dress was hilarious. I laughed out loud. Very nicely written. I also liked the little twist at the end concerning her concern that her intended was not a Christian - so important! Laura
11/25/09
I thought the bridesmaid was wonderful and considerate - she demonstrated humility and a servant's heart. I liked the open ending of not quite knowing what was going to happen.
11/25/09
Strong entry that was interesting to read and on topic. good message. Bet, there's many brides and grooms who have those doubts and fail to act on them only to find out later.
Mona
11/25/09
This is great. Bridezilla...the only thing worse than egg-yolk yellow might be cantaloupe orange. Hmmm...I think I feel a story coming on. Good job! Loved this.
Thanks to your wonderful descriptions, I could just see the yellow flower/chick. The dialogue made me feel like I knew those girls. But...did she marry him?
This is a very good story! I also like the "open-ended" ending. Good descriptions; excellent revealing of the girls' emotions. I liked it.
This is a very good story! I also like the "open-ended" ending. Good descriptions; excellent revealing of the girls' emotions. I liked it.
11/26/09
I hope Misty did what was "good, acceptable and in perfect will of God." What blessings that would be if she did, regardless.

Thanks for the example of your entry to Christians deciding on committing to God's will on marriage. (2 Cor.6:14).

God bless with His peace and grace.:)
11/26/09
I loved how your described the dress as bright egg-yolk yellow, then wove it into looking like a chick, and the veil was the piece of egg! Cool. So, do we get to find out what happens?