The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1638 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/05/09
Love this Grandma/ granddaughter story. Very good message as told by the little girl. Good job!
11/09/09
When I first began to read this, I thought it was spelling errors. Then I realized it was the voice of a child. This is really cute. Out of the mouth of children!
11/09/09
Priceless--pitch-perfect and simply wonderful to read.
11/10/09
Awwe. Sweet story from a young MC voice. It feels good to be c;eann white saved. Doesn't it, Cat?
11/11/09
Aw... a beautiful story with a wonderful salvation message! I enjoyed your words, like "brodery" and "flection." Very nice!!
Really great job. You captured the little girl perfectly and included a wonderful message. No red ink here.
I really related to this story having seven granddaughters myself. I'm glad the grandma saw a way to show Jesus' love instead of rebuking her. I'll remember this next time the opportunity arises.
11/11/09
I loved this story! Even though I enjoyed it from beginning to end, I have to admit that your last paragraph really put a smile on my face because it is so true! Wonderful job! Laura
What a darling story. Being a grandma myself, I could relate. This was a very enjoyable, well written read, with a message to boot.
11/12/09
Amazing work with the voice Catrina, I really, really enjoyed this. I think this serves as a great clinic for how to use language rather than phonetics to evoke a childs voice. I really can't find anything to nit...especially since I never learned in bordery. :) Great work, I hope it does very well!
11/12/09
You captured the way a child often "hears" words and says them the way they sound, especially before they learn to read. She's sweet and real! I know I did things like this as a child, and was durn sorry, too, when my projects flopped. Great ending!
11/12/09
Nice Grandmom! I am not sure I would have responded so patiently. Making the in broider the lesson about slavation at the end was good. Personally, although I worked out the intention of the mis-spelt words I found them a little off putting.