The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1748 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh to be an illustrator! I could have so much fun with this poem! It's masterfully done from every angle and I wish someone from a publishing house would contact you about including it in an adorable book for children. It would be a knock-out winner and I'd buy the first ten copies! Good luck with this one and it will really please me if it takes first place. It's so good, I'm "green" with envy (yes, the pun was intended!)
**grin**
11/02/09
Loved this - my sort of poem.
Thanks for sharing. Colin
11/02/09
This is so much fun... beginning with your title. :) The frog's viewpoint is priceless and I absolutely love the last stanza.
Just too cute. It made me smile. I'm with Mariane. This begs to be illustrated. Excellent.
11/03/09
I'm with Marianne, too--an illustrator would have a ball with this poem. It's delightful!
Perfect! Perfect! Perfect in every whimsically delightful way! You are just SOOOO good!! I love all your rhymes and this week, this one takes the (birthday) cake! (wink wink) Keep 'write on writin'' these wonderful gems, my friend!
11/04/09
Masterful, as always. Just what a fun, roll-off-the-tongue poem should be.
11/04/09
Outstanding! I'm not surprised you are in Masters. Excellent job! Laura
11/04/09
I wish I'd said that.
Fun to read to a child from a book, illustrated of course!Great Fun!
11/05/09
Wonderful poem, and I LOVE the last line! As always, very well done!
11/05/09
Congratulations, Verna! What a birthday present!!!
11/05/09
hey, congrats Verna!! :) Francinca is special! :)
Not only are you a great encourager, you are fast becoming the Poet Laurette of FW's. I'm so happy for you and congratulations, once again!