The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1767 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/18/09
Das war sehr gut! Danke schoen.
09/19/09
When one door closes, God opens another--that's what this story says to me. Your musical descriptions had me feeling the rise and fall of the notes and emotions soaring from the instruments. Great job.
Your beautiful descriptions made this easy to follow even tho I know nothing about the music. Great word choices and phrasing, and a solid storyline. Loved it.
09/20/09
what eloquent writing. What an inspiring story.
09/22/09
I love how you interwove this story. I could feel the emotion from Bill. Your ending and title are perfect!
09/22/09
Exquisite. I loved how you wove the music into the narrative.
09/22/09
Oh yeah, this is yours, all right, just as you said!

Wonderful use of the music to move the story along--enjoyed every note!
09/22/09
Just so well written and satisfying. I could tell this was yours, too.
Mona
09/22/09
Loved every word.
Not just for the topic, but also for the mastery of the storytelling--this is yours, for sure. You left me with trumpets blaring in my heart!
Just loved this piece. The integration of music truly did help tell the story. Enjoyed this and LOVED the end.
Great entry. You wrote in such a way that I heard the symphony and felt passion of its message. Great ending!
What a special relationship between the couple...loved her gift. Excellent writing!
09/22/09
Wow! What a great story! You have a real gift!
09/23/09
I could almost hear the music...I loved the line, "A flute answered each trumpet call with a delicate trill of a melody, which melted seamlessly into a whispered, hymn-like song..." Beautiful writing. Loved this.
09/23/09
Nice piece. I hope he makes it into the chorus group.
Congratulations on EC, my musically and writing- skilled friend.
09/25/09
Absolutely and lyrically beautiful! Congratulations on your EC placement!
09/25/09
Congratulations, Carol, for your level placing and EC with this wonderful story!
09/25/09
I am awestruck at the reading of this entry. So much intensity, so much passion. I loved the way the music intertwined with the story, and I absolutely loved the ending. Congratulations on both your level and EC placement.
Congratulations, Carol! I enjoyed reading this, and the musical passages interspersed toward the end of the story were a brilliant touch.