The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1333 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
And, as winter naps perchance he dreams…ah there is the rub. This is absolutely delightful, resourceful and creative – it always amazes me how the old bard’s words contain such wisdom and depth regardless the circumstances or company they happen to be in. This must have been a fun piece to write. Great job!
07/18/09
Incredibly creative and entertaining. I have a hunch I know who wrote this.
07/19/09
Clever and witty.

I cherish those who dare take a leap into imaginative possibilities.

I grow weary of what I call formula writing. I know it meets certain market needs but after awhile it becomes quite predictable.

Thanks for this daring venture.
07/20/09
I don't know enough Shakespeare to really appreciate the cleverness involved, but I liked the attitudes, or voices, of the different seasons.
Dast I speculate who hath penned these noble words? I'd like to see this one produced.
Hooboy! What a riot! I wanted to whack Spring over the head-a good half dozen times! ROFL! Had me laughing all the way through once I figured out where this was going and I love the shakespeare bits thrown in. Wonderful stuff!
Very out of the box creative! Congrats on your EC!
07/23/09
I read this several times this week and shared it with others. Every person found such treasures in it...as did I. Exceptional. Someone please, put this on a stage!
Mona
07/23/09
This is so clever, yet profound. You capture the distinct "personalities" of the seasons very well. Love how skillfully you use the Shakespeare quotations! Congratulations on your well-deserved EC!!
07/23/09
Oh, totally fun and clever.
Congrats! Way to Go, Gregory!
07/24/09
Very clever—too much so for me (lol). If you had insisted on an exam, I would have failed miserably.

Well done.