The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1248 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/14/09
Absolutely gorgeous. I think I need to name some of my memory folders too.
06/14/09
This is absolutely lovely. You captured that wonder so beautifully in this piece. Great voice, and definitely a moment to always remember.
I think you did a beautiful job here. I will remember this one.
06/15/09
It's amazing how small children give us the opportunity to relive our childhoods, and see all these wonders again through other eyes. You captured all of that SO well. (I LOVE lightning bugs... um... I mean fireflies!)
This is not just good; it's really good. I would read a whole book about your experiences as mother in a heartbeat. The humor is almost as special as the love that shines through.
06/15/09
This is absolutely precious. And it brings back memories of the fire-flies I used to try and catch. I was so fascinated by them. You took us not only into your children's world but your own child-like wonder. I loved it. May we never grow up!
06/15/09
What a blessing that you shared this with us. I love it and I love the new picture of you and one of them (which one?) on the message boards. Your daughters are just so cute--definitely munchable material! Great entry.
WOW...very sweet slice of life with your little ones. Reminds me how important it is to make memories with my own...thanks.
06/16/09
You boiled it all down to what REALLY matters. Oh, those days are so fleeting...they're precious. It seems like only yesterday for me and yet mine are grown.
Your story-telling, sharing is very well done. Touching and relative. Special.
Mona
06/16/09
What a lovely story. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of these delightful little girls and their mother. Your mastery of the written language and the ability to conjure up this scene are superior. Thanks for sharing. (Fireflies haven't shown up yet here in Nebraska. We do have to bug jars, complete with air holes, sitting on the table in the sunroom waiting for their arrival.)
06/17/09
Absolutly beautiful entry. What I like most about your writing (and this one is a perfect example) is your unique descriptions. You don't just say "We sat down together on the swing". You let us know that your rump was sandwiched between theirs. That is what make all of your writing so delicious!
Oh, I hope you'll keep a running log of stories like this for your children and grandchildren. What a gift that would be for them! A beautiful, beautiful entry!!
Simply beautiful! Fireflies hold a special place in my mind and I LOVED reading this piece. What a beautiful memory. I especially like how your title fits and the folder in which you filed this particular memory. Wonderful!
06/24/09
This sweet story is a great reminder that the best things in life are free. Precious moments such as these are priceless and last a lifetime in our hearts.