The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1167 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/05/09
Ohh - incredible characterization. The voice tell it ALL. If only he would listen. Great last line, too.
06/05/09
The contrast in characters came across vividly. Poor Charlie was so blinded by self-pity he couldn't see his brother's loving heart. You did a great job with this topic.
06/08/09
Superb title, and an exemplar for a class in characterization. First-rate!
06/08/09
Seemed like a comprehensive story - yet just 750 word limit - every word counted!

This was very rich and interesting. Thanks!
06/08/09
Oh yes, don't we all see people we know in this one? Makes me want to be really careful not to BE one. Great read.
06/09/09
When we become bitter and angry, we're oftentimes the last ones to notice, if we notice at all. I feel for your MC, who just doesn't get it. Too bad he's not the only one. Great writing.
06/09/09
Dynamic. The voice of the MC throughout spoke volumes. Realistic, no fluff. I think I know these people...
Mona
06/09/09
Wonderful thick stuff of life here. I felt your mc's frustration which seemed to be there all along in his life. A good reminder of how we are today determines who we become tomorrow. Truly superb writing.
Wonderful voice and story telling from the MC. Great take on topic. Well done!
06/10/09
Poor old guy...he sure knows how to ruin his own life. Very authentic and descriptive tale of caution!
06/10/09
You are a master of character and dialog.

Loved it.
06/13/09
Oh my, I know people like Charlie...it is so sad to be trapped in bitterness, a self-imposed prison, and be too blind to see that life can be sweet if you allow it to be. You crafted a piece that certainly showed the stark contrast between bitter and sweet. I enjoyed reading your story.
Thank you , by the way, for your kind words about my story.
Lisa