The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1785 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/01/08
A nice summary of the Biblical "countdown".
11/01/08
I have always loved that name of God: the Alpha and the Omega; the Beginning and the End! Love this reminder of the true meaning of Advent.
11/01/08
I loved the way that you wove scripture verses throughout the poem. There were one or two places where you lost the rhythmn, but you kept faithful to the message.
Beautiful. Sometimes we get hung-up counting down until the Lord returns, forgetting how long the world counted down His arrival. Thanks.
11/02/08
Great title for this piece. Enjoyed this "walk through the Bible."
11/03/08
A heavenly countdown. Nicely done. I enjoyed reading this.
You've presented beautifully the story and the glory of our hope. May we find joy in counting down till His arrival!
11/03/08
A clever and concise way to encapsulate a very long countdown! What made this extra special was the way the counting went forwards to the second advent, reminding us that neither Christmas, nor even Easter, was the end.
11/05/08
HISstory told in a fresh, new way. Good poem!
11/06/08
Worshipful, anointed poem. I'll be printing it out for Christmastime reading. Well done! ;)
11/09/08
Good title. Children are always counting down to Christmas, but you have put a new message in counting down to Christmas...Thanks for sharing...Christmas is a hard time of year for me, so I haven't entered the Christmas topic challenges. We have had too many sadnesses and permanent good-byes during the Christmas seasons. We love the season, but not the worldly association with Christmas...
I haven't been to the computer much lately. I haven't been feeling up to it. I am still not very well, but should be in a day or so...Just the flu...Helen