The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1838 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/18/08
I love it! Very creative. And in my estimation, there is only one that could come up with this story. I can't wait to see if I'm right:)
10/19/08
This is AWESOME! My favorite is Captain Conjunction, with his very limited vocabulary that nevertheless moves the plot along. Masterful, and I too suspect that I know who wrote this (I wish it was me...)
10/19/08
oh...what fun! What writer doesn't love a story full of synonyms?
10/19/08
THIS is the stuff I missed when you were gone, Tim. I need to go back and read the first one - I have vague memories, but not clear ones. What a riot, and such fun to read (I'm sure it was as much so to write!). Are you gonna make a trilogy? Inquiring, questioning, curious minds want to know. (Oh, and have you ever watched "Word Girl" on PBS? This reminded me of it - and I think you'd love it)
This is wonderful! I absolutely love it. I'll have to find the other one you mentioned. This would also be fun adapted as a skit. VERY well done!
10/19/08
This was priceless...creative genius, if I may. Loved it!
Wow. Gosh. Golly. This is wonderful, amazing, spectacular. I laughed out loud on this one. Thanks. Great job. Marvelous. Awesome.
10/20/08
I don't think I have ever read anything quite like this before! Astounding, amazing, astonishing. What a lot of Christmas fun!
10/20/08
I giggled, chuckled, laughed at this! I applaud, clap, your creativity, imagination.
10/20/08
The opening was priceless. This was as creative as it gets, and probably needs to be used in a few Language Arts classes across the country. I was definitely a fan (a supporter, an admirer) of Captain Thesaurus. Great story, lots of fun.
10/20/08
I need to borrow Captain Thesaurus... I just can't find enough words to use in praise of your magnificent use of imagination.
10/21/08
What a hoot! That pretty much sums it up since there aren't enough superlatives in any known language under heaven to describe this story. Whoever you are, you've got the GIFT.
Annual spelling bee and potato peeling contest? You're hysterical. I just re-read this and you still have me laughing out loud. God Bless!
10/21/08
Creatively funny, witty and I bet you had a blast pulling this all together. Bet this wins a high place this week.
10/22/08
This is so much fun to read, it should be illegal! I laughed my way all the through this, Tim. What an imagination...you're the Master this week!
What a hoot! Your story had me chuckling all the way through it. I love your Captain Thesaurus. Too funny my FaithWriter friend!
10/22/08
This hysterically, uproariously, ridiculously witty. Excellent work - I'd be surprised if it didn't place in the top 10! Wow....wow....that's pretty much all I can say. :)
10/22/08
Fun, creative take on the topic! I loved the grammatical typologies for the characters. Great Job!
What a delightful and wittily wonderful story! I chuckled all the way through it too! Any English teacher would love to use this...new superheroes and villians on the English class bulletin board! haha! It's definitely creative, imaginative, ingenious!
10/23/08
I loved this. It was so silly and yet I couldn't stop reading.
Your humor is priceless in this one. I think I'm in love with Thesaurus! I hope it was as fun to write as it was to read.
10/23/08
Congratulations on your EC. I have to admit, I didn't really "get" all of it--but Jan told me it's because I'm not a word nerd, or maybe it was word junkie, or some such phrase. :)
This is definitely out-of-the box creative. Love the thesaurus comments! Cngrats on your EC!
11/11/08
oh, brother ....... ;-)
09/18/10
Amusing. Funny. Hilarious. Loved this piece. Thanks for the link.
Oh Tim this is so wonderful! I loved it. It would make a wonderful children's series or even better as a comic book! I laughed everytime I read the name Terror! You're a genius my friend.
09/19/10
This is great, Tim! Love Captain Thesauras's words!
09/21/10
I love it. I. Love. It. This is so cute and clever! I definitely think you could make this into a series.

Since Terror has a character already, can I be the Librarian? :D