The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1798 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/22/08
Wonderful descriptions and sense of place - and excellent with the emotions. I just loved this story. Wonderful. I felt like I WAS Jones. :)
05/22/08
Good story—and I love the happy reunion.
05/22/08
This is a delightful read! Love the ending!
05/22/08
Excellent, delightful POV with an ending that made me want to jump up and down. Well done!
05/23/08
Aw....what a sweet story from a creative perspective. Just a totally "feel-good" read. Loved it.
05/25/08
Oh, this is a sweet entry. Yea for happy endings!
Laury
A delightful story with a great voice--make that "bark." I loved it.
05/25/08
Oh, I'm so glad for Jones and Ben! Love this heart-lifting story. All dogs should be so blessed!
05/26/08
A lovely story of hope out of the midst of despair. I liked the expression, “hair the colour of my favourite dog pellets” - putting yourself inside the head of Jones.
05/27/08
Loved the story. The adventures in scents were very doglike. :)
Good job with the POV and flashback, and loved the happy ending. This probably hit a soft spot, as my story also revolves around a shelter.
YESSSS!! This ending didn't disappoint me at all. I really enjoyed this. Very well done.
05/27/08
Very sweet!
05/29/08
Love it. Love it! I like how you slowly reveal each little detail moving toward a wholly satisfying ending.
I had a good feeling about the reserved sign-and so glad!
Happy story, I needed one today, thanks!
Lovely story with a happy ending.
05/29/08
Very good, and I especially loved some of the descriptive words (freckles that reminded him of dog treats, etc). Well done.
05/29/08
Congratulations on your EC. You had me right in that cage with Jones.
This is such a sweet story. Love the happy ending. Congrats on your EC!
05/30/08
This is my favorite entry this week, I was so moved when Ben turned up to reclaim his old best friend. Congrats!
05/31/08
"Pungent rat holes, ragged old socks, fresh duck droppings, old burger wrappers. Each day was a great adventure." - Good stuff, congrats on your EC.
10/22/08
All I can say is, "Oh, Wow!" This is such a lovely and thoughtful story. I was moved to tears.