The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2455 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Lovely poem. The ending is precious. Well done.
This was lovely! I enjoyed the story and especially the setting of where each child brought something special that she had taught them. The last verse was my favorite though-simply wonderful! I loved that even then, she was serving Him and took her jewels and laid it at His feet. Excellent writing! ^_^
05/03/08
What a beautiful picture you've painted with your words. Lovely story, rhythm and flow--perfectly done. I also liked the ending which emphasized what a wonderful woman this mother was.
This is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful mother. I loved how you showed her humility and her love for the Lord.
I know nothing about poetry but this really touched me... beautiful.
05/06/08
I loved the imagry in this poem. Definately Maserful writing.
05/06/08
This was simply awesome. It read effortlessly, and was mesmerizing. LOVED it!
05/06/08
This tribute inside a story inside a poem is masterful in every way. From the way this mother touched each of her children to the way she laid her jewels down, wowzer. Well done.
Absolutely beautiful! I loved how this read so smoothly. I liked the part of dozens stood up to show that your mother had a part in them coming to know Jesus. And, of course, that last line brings your story/poem to a wonderful close--she lays her jewels at Jesus' feet. Just beautiful!
This is one of my favorites this week. It is so beautiful I had to read it twice. Wonderful!
05/06/08
You shouldn't be afraid to be in Masters. This is where you belong! Beautiful tribute to a Godly mother.
05/06/08
This is a beautiful tribute. Very nicely written. I love the jewels given her by her children.
05/07/08
That last stanza says it all. Well done.
What a wonderful poem. I could picture standing in Heaven as this awards ceremony took place. It not only got me thinking about my own mother and how many rewards she will receieve, it also got me thinking about my own life and actions. Am I fulfilling his purpose so that I too can receive Heavenly rewards?

This is definitely a piece worthy of the master's category. Thank you for sharing it. :)
05/08/08
This was a beautitul poem and tribute. Thank you for sharing it with us. A very special congrats on your 1st place win!
05/08/08
Not only is this outstanding-rhyme, sentiment, message-it needs to be on a Mother's Day card or a bookmark or something. Congrats on 1st place!
05/08/08
Congratulations on your 1st place. This is a beautiful poem.
05/08/08
You made me cry...again! Three Editor's Choice selections in a row, are you going to be the next Best of the Best, dear friend? I don't know of a better Best! I'm rootin' for ya! Hmmm, while you're at it, how about Poet Laureate of the whole US of A?
05/08/08
Your niche is poetry, good job.
Oh, sweet Mariane! I'm stunned and tearfully speechless at how very beautiful this wonderful poem is! You have said it all is such perfectly chosen words. Every picture painted with the touch of a master's (and The Master's) hand. Congratulations on this well deserved win, friend. Absolutely beautiful in every way!
05/09/08
What a beautiful poem about a beautiful woman. I was hoping the ending would turn out the way it did and you didn't disappoint. I'm sure the "apple didn't fall far from the tree" and I can see you laying all these well-deserved praises at Jesus' feet as well.
05/09/08
The ending is perfect. So often we are caught up on praising people's accomplishments that we forget to give all honor and glory to Christ. The wisdom of this mother was so clear to see as she returned the focus to Jesus by presenting the gifts to Him.
05/09/08
Brought tears to my eyes to think of the many people who's lives she touched. We often think we do nothing worth anything for our Savior, not enough it seems to us as we struggle to please him, but we know not the many lives we may have touched until the day when he shows us what that one word did in someones life that pleased the Father and brought to him one more life.
Maybe just a small seed but still a seed indead, enough for God to water and spread his light upon for many others to see. So on and on that word traveled to how many more, we never realy know until that day when he says: "Well done thy good and faithful servent"
05/09/08
Your title hinted at the beautiful piece to follow, and I loved it from beginning to end. Your poetry flowed so effortlessly and told such a lovely message! I chime in with my hearty CONGRATULATIONS on your 1st place EC win!! It was very well-deserved!!
05/09/08
Beautiful - truly beautiful
05/12/08
As usual, Mariane, your presentation of this poem was wonderful. It not only won first place in the EC, but first place in my heart. You are such a blessing to so many, I know, but speaking for myself, you are a blessing and an inspiration...You have followed your mother's example and your reward will be as great. I notice in your writings that you always keep a low profile of yourself, shining the light on others. Thank you so much for EVERYTHING!...Helen
I've been catching up on some of my reading and I must say this piece gave me chills of wonderment. From the very beginning it is all so perfect. But, the ending, in its humble way exalts it to another level of perfection all together. Congratulations. Well deserved.