The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1950 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/08
What a perfectly delightful aunt. Great story and I love how you toe-tied it together (hehehe).
Awwww! What a cute story! I can hardly imagine twenty-feet pattering barefoot through the house-but you make it sound delightful! Great job! It seems like Auntie Jen is a full-time job, with lasting benefits and memories to boot! ^_^
04/25/08
You sound more like a grandmother! This story is wonderful, and your nieces and nephews are truly blessed!
04/26/08
Lovely story and well written.
04/26/08
This one certainly did give me goose bumps! What a great auntie! Very good writing!
Laury
04/27/08
I love the "dust bunnies" that keep you from living alone. :) Enjoyed the "side of milk" and the "weekly workout" comments. What an aunt… you are every sister's, brother's, niece's, and nephew's dream. I love the image of the aunt with an eight-passenger van. :) I had to smile at your "I'm your man." Fun, fun, fun… Can I adopt you?
04/27/08
Bare feet... don't you just LOVE going bare foot? I loved your descriptions.
(smile)
04/27/08
I love the voice here--it's great. Totally engaging and so fun. I loved the last two paragraphs and how you tied it all together so nicely. Great job! I loved it!!
I loved how your beginning and your ending fit together so nicely. You sound like an awesome aunt, and even though you may not be their mother, I am sure you are having a huge (and positive) impact on your nieces and nephews lives that will help them grow into the adults that God wants them to be.

Wodnerful story. I enjoyed every line of it. :)
Aunt Jen is definitely an "A" list aunt. What fun for her nieces and nephews. I'm not sure you need all the parenthesis you've used. I think most of the phrases would be fine as sentences without them. That is very minor, though, because this is a delightful story. I will remember Aunt Jen for a long time.
04/28/08
What a blessing you are to youe brothers and sisters. Very well told.
04/28/08
A very enjoyable read, and the final two-sentence paragraph was absolutely perfect. That's fitting for what sounds like an absolutely perfect Aunt!
04/28/08
Oh, I love footsies, too! This is so cute, and I'm just imagining a chunky little baby foot while I'm typing this. Awwwwwwwwwww.
04/28/08
Hey, unless I read this wrong, Tuesdays are free. We'll be over at 9. ;-)

Delightful story. This woman has STAMINA. :-D
It looks to me as if this auntie has found her calling and God had a big part in it matching the needs of all involved. Great story, loved the way it flowed with hints of humor thrown in to spice it up.
04/29/08
This was a GREAT 1st person piece. I LOVED it.
Oh, and the little feet thing! I am addicted to baby feet. I kiss four of them several times a day!
Delightful! Makes me yearn to live closer to my nieces and nephews. Sigh. Very engaging voice and the story moves right along. Mmmm. Baby feet. :)
I'm still chuckling over the first paragraph, which is a great intro to a wonderful piece!
Charmed the socks right off of me.....how fortuante everyone in this family is. Such a blessing, to be used like this, for His glory.
04/30/08
Love the gentle, warm manner of relating in this lovely, lovely story. Love the Aunt's character and her way of taking lemons in life and making lemonade! It's a win-win for all concerned. I hope I get to be a grandma with this much kid activity going on!
05/01/08
So refreshing to see an article written from the aunt's perspective. I really enjoyed reading about her busy life with nine nieces and nephews, and a great touch with the kidlets footses sown throughout.