The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1495 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You make me want to skip parenting and go straight to grandparenting. This is so sweet and cute! Love it.
04/10/08
Wow! I hope I learn how to be that fun. Wonderfully written.
Lots of action in this one, that made it a fun read. Here's a grandma in the know when it comes to grandkids...Hannah Montana and all. Good job!
04/11/08
Absolutely delightful in EVERY way. I want this grandma with a PASSION (and I want to BE her some day!).

This may have just been me (usually is), but the tone of a couple of her "asides" seemed a bit "off" for the piece. Not sure I can explain what I mean, but felt led to mention it.

I really LOVED this!
04/12/08
I can't wait to be a Grandma, too, and I aspire to be one as crazy and fun as this one! What a wonderful place for any child to visit and what a wonderful Grandma to visit with. Love it!
04/12/08
Love the dialogue. This is one "hip" granny. Well done.
04/12/08
Love this! This is the grandma I would love to be, too, when its my turn, that is:) What a great story!
Laury
04/13/08
I love this grandma, too! You've created a real winner.

Pieces like this bring out the English teacher in me, though--it's written masterfully, but it's lacking in conflict, which is an element that really pulls the reader along. This is purely a person preference, though--there are tons of readers who enjoy the sweetness in stories like this.

Great title, and lovely story.
Being a grandmother is a wonderful occupation, and the grandmother in your story is so much fun.

I love the flow of this. The princess hat and the tiara were a lovely touch.

Superb!
04/13/08
Loved it. Period.:)
You've set a new and very high standard for FUN!
This is just the cutest and sweetest thing. If there was a prize for that, you'd win hands down!! But seriously, this was such a delightful read and I loved every minute of it!
This is precious, I loved every part of it from start to finish. Well done!
04/15/08
Such a fun grandmother! This was a joy to read. Thanks!
Loving diversion - simple, pure love - loved it!
What a way to spend the day! Great story, loved the way she connected on the grandaughter's level.
Love the interaction of grandma and granddaughter and the wonderful humor. This is a delight!
04/16/08
Oh, if I could only be half the mom this grandma is! How cool is she! Thanks for lightening my spirit and giving me hope for the future...
Oooh-I absolutely LOVED this one! One of my favorites for this week. It is so precious-and lol-It would be fun to have a Grandmother like this! I loved your last line with "more flattering words" that made me laugh out loud. The little details, the glow-in-the-dark ping pong ball and the tiara, it made this very special. Excellent writing! ^_^
“Excellent choice, Miss Taylor. You are now deemed an Excellent Snack Picker Extraordinaire, not to be confused with a Noted Nose Picker Extraordinaire.”

That line made me chuckle.

This has to be the COOLEST grandma ever, and this story has to be one of the best I have read this week. Your writing always shines, Betty. :)
This made me think of the times I have with my granddaughters especially the snacking part. Us girls know how to snack. Loved it!