The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1573 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/22/08
Your title is perfect, as is your lesson. I smiled as I read of the son's obsession with a wedding location and the mother's wisdom in dealing with it. This entry is very creative.
02/22/08
This is sweet, loved the last line!
02/23/08
I love this story! Very well done and right on target. The lesson is super, too.
02/24/08
Right on the theme, I think, and an excellent lesson to boot! Good job.
As much as I love cricket, I don't think I'd want to be married at the SCG.

Very well written, and a perfect example of the topic. Oh my, missing out on the game because of 5 minutes at the end. What a goose (or should that be a duck?).
Sounded like a true slice of life, thanks for sharing.
This is a great story that perfectly illustrates the topic. I loved the wise mother, as well as the maturing son.
02/25/08
Yup, thank goodness you had him listen to Mom. If you had ended it the other way, I'd have marked this one for a one-on-one as soon as your name showed up on it, hahaha.
Yes! And you know what I mean.
02/27/08
What a moving storyline. How refreshing to see a son take advice BEFORE making the big mistake. Great wisdom here and VERY well-written.
I enjoyed this double illustration of the topic.
03/08/08
Ha! Lovely imaginings here ... I hope it comes true all, especially the writing dream, and except for the potential cancellation of the wedding. Fun. I enjoyed the way your boy turned man rose at the end and hugged you over the back of the chair - lovely. Well done.