The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2405 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/29/07
Lovely story — brought tears to my eyes.
11/30/07
Hey, no fair, you made me cry, too. Very good story about a very loving son:)
Laury
Add me to the list of criers. Sentimental fool that I am. Nothing touches us like selflessness, which is why we are touched best by the Master.
I loved this story--beginning to end.
This was truly great writing! I loved the ending--not expected!
12/05/07
This is comparable to a Dickens story. I loved it.
Another well-deserved accolade for this beautiful story of selflessness. (Also among the criers.)
12/06/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is a very sweet story. Teary eyes here, too.
12/07/07
Congrats on your EC placing. This one brought tears to my eyes when I saw that the department store gave the lad all the things he had crossed off his list in order to be generous to his mother. To see the gift of generosity displayed not just by a boy, but by a department store, what a wonderful story. Tying it in with Christmas was a lovely touch too.
You have made me cry! Superb. Congrats on your EC.
I just read the other comments and see I'm not the only one wiping tears. :)