The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1701 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A very basic truth written in such an engaging way. This is simply tereffic.
Detailed imagery blended with allegory, lovingly and skillfully crafted in rhythm and rhyme! "...the greatest danger is a mind and heart in fear"...Yes and amen. Thanks for a beautiful inspirational verse!
08/31/07
Love it! I could feel the wind in my hair and smell the ocean breezes. The message is right on! Great writing.
09/01/07
This was such a fun read. I really enjoyed it.
I really enjoyed the personification of fear is this engaging poem. My favorite stanza begins, "Fear is the foe..."
Your message is expressed excellently.
Perfect rhythm and rhyme scheme, and yet the words flow naturally, too. My favorite line is, "Fear is the foe who lies awake while faith and will grow weak."
09/03/07
I like the stanza that Sharlyn quoted, too. The flow of this wonderful poem is excellent. Terrific writing!
09/03/07
Wonderfully woven metaphor throughout this great piece. Enjoyed the meter and wonderful images. Great stuff!
09/06/07
Linda--this is so amazingly and beautifully written. I loved your interlude question to the reader concerning monsters, winds, and scurvied bones. I can picture the tide in your phrase “The ocean lifts and draws us out to meet the deep and wide.” And this line is so hauntingly poetic, “as I hoist canvas to the sky where sails meet ocean’s foam” One favorite line and image is, “Our Captain is the Lord of all. The sea bows at His feet”. Once again you’ve drawn me into your setting.