The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1660 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This poem, written in such excellent rhythm and rhyme, presents a wonderful message of salvation.
08/10/07
This is wonderful. I assume that this "oh, what furry!" was meant to be that same as your title. But, no matter, this is great stuff.
Excellent. I love the flow, the imagery, the carefully chosen words. I love it all.
08/12/07
Amazing images and word choice. What a message!
Lovely and Powerful.

I loved this stanza:
Rage and fury shook hell’s portals
“You can’t have her; it’s too late!”
Jesus held her closely to Him
“Flee from her, there’s no debate!”

Great job!
08/13/07
Every word beautifully placed...I particularly liked "once a sidewalk, now an altar..." This is really great!
08/14/07
I loved the rhythm in this piece. The message was heavy with His loving grace. Thanks for sharing this.
Wonderful message and beautifully written.
08/14/07
I wrote down the same line as Jan as my favorite, so I won't repeat it, but your poem is beautiful and flowing. Powerful image of the Savior's defeat of Hell.
Oh, what joy this poem brought to my heart! I love the dual image of this line: "Holding out His arms he stayed them,". The 2nd to last stanza is my favorite. From there to the end, I thought I was reading one of those beautiful old hymns.
This is both powerful and inspiring. Great title, too.
Beautiful story, beautiful imagery, but personally, I immensely enjoyed the perfect flow and melody of word sounds here. Masterfull crafted! A joy to read...and reread!
08/14/07
The sidewalk / altar line struck me too as a favorite. A few minor clips here and there, but who cares? Such a beautiful poem and a hard-hitting message of God's redeeming love. Superb!
08/14/07
Wonderful! I loved the 'Rage and fury' stanza and how she was held closely. I can picture that so vividly. Super!!
08/14/07
What a wonderful poem - full of victory! You have made my heart SING today... Victory in Jesus... my Savior forever...