The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1766 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/15/07
Beautiful. From the well-chosen title to the final word I was mesmerised. You well captured the ambivalence of the pupil who hates the subject and loves the teacher. ANd a great message. Really spot on. Loved it.
06/15/07
I like the first person here. I could certainly identify with her fear of Algebra. Your story makes a good point: we're not good at everything...and that's okay.
06/15/07
I can certainly identify with the main character and I'm sure teens can, also. Very good story that drew me right into the classroom with your main character!
06/16/07
Great ending!
06/16/07
Boy, could I relate, as I'm sure many readers can. Love the way you described the classroom and that wonderful teacher. He's such a treasure. Great ending with a great message.
06/17/07
I wish my math teacher had been so understanding! Good story.
06/17/07
Amazing character development and description. This was absolutely riveting. Loved the end especially.
This is an awesome story. After I read a piece, I like to stop a minute and reflect on what I've read. Yes, your descriptions and your explanations were so clear that I could see the student and teacher right in front of me. Great job. And I never got algebra eitherg!
Looks like I don't do so well with English either grrr.
Wow! I love the way you use comparisons and your descriptions and detail are right on. I felt as if I was right there in the classroom viewing the teacher and the blackboards,etc.I wanted more, this could be a movie with some added stoyline and action. Well done!God bless your gift.Janice
06/21/07
Congrats - an amazing story so well-deserving of its EC placing!