The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2108 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/07
Even fishing can have redeeming qualities with "done right." I loved the story and the twist. Good job.
04/26/07
Boy - you had me going! I could feel my blood boiling! (and that's good) Then when he asked for more time - I had a feeling something was up - boy they sure know how to make ya feel bad don't they?

You carried my emotions all the way through till the end. Kudos on the writing!
04/26/07
Very cute! I had a feeling there would be a romantic twist at the end. You didn't disappoint. Good job!
04/27/07
What a delightful story! Suspenseful, too. I've had those "surprises" given by husbands before, so my blood turned cold! (My husband once told me he was taking me out to dinner and great grandma was going to babysit the three little children we had, so I dressed up in my best white slacks and fuchia top and was so excited to get to eat a meal that wasn't cold and talk with an adult. The only catch? Turned out it was a surprise birthday weiner roast at grandma's, complete with three kids, and I, dreams dashed, still in white slacks!) Yours turned out a lot better. That's the beauty of being a writer, huh? Okay, so it's an A plus for a well written, fun story with a surprise ending, and an F for reality! (Unless this story is true, in which case, I apologize...and have to go work on not coveting!) Your best line was: "Stubbornness bubbled up from my toes and threatened to ooze from my ears." SUPER LINE AND A MASTERFUL READ!
04/27/07
I really liked the ending.
04/30/07
I really love this story, I can remember times that I thought were the absolute worst, turning around and becoming one of my fondest memories. Beautifully written!
04/30/07
Awwwwwwwww. Really fun read; you have one of the best "voices" here. Such a fun, readable style.
05/01/07
Your title drew me in, and I liked how it tied in with your story! You gotta love that Hank--maybe a bit rough around the edges at times, but when necessary, he can rise to the romantic occasion! :) Touching ending to a well-written piece!
I found you! This was such a fun read! I loved this line: Stubbornness bubbled up from my toes and threatened to ooze from my ears. Any married person can relate to this story... Nice work, Cheri
05/02/07
The title drew me in and the story was fun. As a man I felt for Hank who, in his "man-ish" way, was trying to be sentimental in taking her to the old cabin...and I was so hoping he had something up his sleeve. Way to go Hank! A great ending to a great story.
Men! Who can understand us?
On the other hand, your wonderful piece shows that deep down, we really do have hearts and sometimes they can be suprisingly warm and creative.
Enjoyed this immensily!
Cute. Loved it. Good romance.
05/02/07
Very sweet - love your voice, as usual - and Hank!
I kinda felt sorry for the wife, even after the whole episode was over. It was sweet of her husband to plan with the rose, music and ring though. Cute.
05/03/07
This is so smooth and lovely, oh how I can relate to her frustration and happy ending!