The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1755 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/03/06
First let me go back to my memories of picking through flower sacks at the local feed store, trying hard to decide which one I wanted for a dress. Yes, in the hills of Kentucky we did this and much more. Such a touching story of a life filled with sacrifice and work enabling a better life for a beloved child. It is our Heavenly Father's desire that we all grow beyond or He wouldn't have said, "Greater works will you do". Her accomplishemt spoke well of a mother's lifetime now producing greater works. Well done!
Awesome story. I already had my hanky ready when she started making her speech. Wonderful, rich in detail and emotion. I loved it.
08/04/06
Rich in heritage. Enjoyed it.
Good job.
08/07/06
I really like your narrator's authentic, folksy voice.
08/07/06
A very heartfelt story and a wonderful message about the hard work of parents providing for their children's future.
08/07/06
Loved the narrator's folksy talk, and the wonderful tribute to her from her daughter. Beautifully done!
08/07/06
Great job. I love that she brings the parents into it, because parents are very rarely given enough credit for their kids' successes.
08/07/06
I lived in Michigan as a child, so I never picked cotton, but I remember feed sack skirts and dresses. My parents had to make sacrifices, too, and I wore a few of them. One tiny correction. Shouldn't it be "lost cause" rather than "loss cause"? A touching story. Keep up the good work.
A very good story. A really enjoyable read.
08/08/06
Awww....from the style of your entry I would say that it truly was "Worth It All." I loved your narrator's voice. Great work!
08/08/06
Wonderful narrative story ~ well done! You did well to pull so much in with the 750 word limit. Full of emotion, putting the reader right there as the story unfolds. Wonderfully done!
You've made me cry 'worth it all' tears. Thank-you so much for reminding me it is worth it.
08/09/06
Wonderfully written step back in time. A few minor typos, but a wonderful story.