The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1642 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/15/06
May we all have an abundance of 'What's Best' from Him.
An enjoyable read, superb!
Excellent! Powerful character sketch; you did a thorough job of repulsing me! I liked the movement, the sense of action. You made me utterly forget I was critiquing! Top notch writing.
06/18/06
You really drew me in with this powerful story. Good telling.
06/21/06
Great story and I felt like I was there. Read well and pulled me along. Nice job.
06/21/06
Reading this, made me feel as if I stepped out of God's peace into the world's turmoil. Heather's life being one of self-absorbed pride is such a contrast to the abundant peace God offers. A wonderful fast-paced read. Loved it.
06/21/06
Very nice read. I found myself dodging along with Jason. Well done.
06/21/06
It's amazing how you can get us to feel as if we thoroughly know a character, in just 750 words. Poor thing, she's really hateful, isn't she? Very entertaining story.
06/21/06
. . .not only feel a character in 750 words but so quickly too!! I toast to a fellow fast submitter! Excellent job at keeping it real!
You pulled me into the story so easily and kept me to the end. Great job.
06/21/06
What an abundance of bitterness this gal Heather has! This is a great story. My only critique would be to make Trudy less syrupy (that's how she came across to me) and more "fun," showing the joy of the Lord in a dynamite personality that demonstrates two strikes (Trudy's Godliness plus delightful intrigue) against the broken relationship Heather is leaving.
I really enjoyed this read. I've known people like Heather. Run Jason, run!