The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1659 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/03/06
A worthwhile read for anyone who tends to live in the past...and a wonderful hope for the future!
Great job! I love the repeat line.
Good reading material! I love the line, "Hanging there on Judgment's tree". Stefanie
06/06/06
I was reading along whimsically when I suddenly came upon the 4th line in the second stanza: "Not the old grey stone of your mother's grave." That stopped me cold in my tracks. It slapped me upside the face as it might have for anyone to have a parent die unexpectedly. From that point on it was a different experience for me as I finished reading. You dropped me off a precipice, and then you did a masterful job of lifting me back up, gradually, throughout the rest of the poem. My hat is off to you. The mind of a poet baffles me - how you come up with such vivid imagery is beyond me.
06/06/06
"Not the old grey stone of your mother's grave."

You pull the strings of my heart with this line.

One of my favorites! WOW!
06/06/06
Nice poetry and rhyme. Excellent story. God Bless.
06/06/06
This reminds me of the Scripture "In this world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I (Jesus) have overcome the world!" Keeping our eyes on Jesus, He focuses us on the joy ahead that cannot be compared to the suffering here and in the past.

I like the pictures you paint with words, especially the lovely ones here: "Simple times when work was done.
Momma's smile and Daddy's hands,
Building castles in the sand.
Sitting in the morning sun"