The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1431 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/23/06
Thank you for the chance to revisit my past. You captured the sense of purpose and initiative very well. I had forgotten how fresh the mornings were as we fought against the cold, the dark, the rain, the frost, and even the snow as we got things going. There's something about working alongside others against the inertia of a nation, a region, or a community that gladdens a person's life. Getting things going is the work that inspires and leads. It always put a warm smile in my heart! Thanks.
01/24/06
This could have been really boring, which shows your great talent :) I liked it, especially the bit about the older ones starting on the first go :)
01/25/06
I chose to read your Challenge due to the Title; rather unique, one might say. And I was pleasantly surprised - it was not only interesting, entertaining and enjoyable - but captured the heart of "start", which we do take for granted...all those folks you mentioned as "starting" our day, including God! Very well done and a terrific read! (PS: Loved the humor!)
01/25/06
Your aticle made me want to seek warmer clothing just reading it.. Nice job on the imagery and story telling.. Thanks for sharing..
01/25/06
A good slice of life story, told well and with a provoking 'punch line'. Yeggy
01/27/06
Shiver - well done - and a job I wouldn't want to have!
01/27/06
I love the line about your frosted eyebrows. Great job of writing with a relaxed, easy voice.
01/27/06
Wow, this is just lovely. It makes me want to go around thanking everyone. Thank YOU!
01/27/06
*clap!clap!* This is wonderful! Good work! Terrific talent! Carried me along from beginning to end. Just great!
Up here, when temps get that cold, school is called for the day because there's usually a wind chill making it worse! Good meditation on all those who start the day in the wee hours and get it running smoothly for the rest of us. Your ending thought was well taken. God first, then spread your joy to others.Good job, despite the chilly descriptions!
01/29/06
Strong ending... a little rough at the beginning. Once it got down to 40 ABOVE zero here ..... We stayed in doors. hey! I live on the Pacific Beach! What do you expect!