The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1719 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/06
This is a beautiful, beautiful allegory. I absolutely loved this.

A teensy spelling error: miniscule should be "minuscule."

You described this scene so vividly that the images still remain--this is simply splendid.
01/10/06
What a captivating and heartfelt image of the conflict and hardship involved in total surrender and the overwhelming peace when it is finally done! This is outstanding.
This is a work of art. I can see it as a living mural on a temple wall!
I found this story facinating, but the first two paragraphs were a little much. I felt like I was sloshing through long uncommonly used words, trying to find the meaning... ;-) I wonder...is this a picture of baptism, or just of faith in general? Either way, good job!
01/13/06
A deep, though-provoking piece. Wonderful writing, even more wonderful message.
Blessings, Lynda
01/16/06
Very visual descrition. Loved 'lowest round curves of his toes.' Jumpy headlong into obeying the will of God is scary stuff and you portrayed it very convincingly.
This hit home quite dramatically...I have been grappeling with the reality of spiritual strongholds in life and the freedom that awaits when we CHOOSE freedom.

Good job. Thanks for provoking my thoughts. :-)