The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1508 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/06
Tee hee! Good clean fun!
01/11/06
Haha, thanks for the laugh.
01/11/06
Oh, so clever and creative!
01/11/06
I love suprise endings and creative minds. Great job!
Great point of view! I even read this to my husband. Very clever and humorous!
01/12/06
So funny! You got me as I was thinking I was reading this serious piece and when you added the twist... I had to read it twice!!:)
Veeeery clever...however perhaps a metaphor...or perhaps not... just good clean fun...or is that good cleaning fun!
Hehe, I couldn't quite figure it out--didn't expect that ending!! The end seemed to peeter out a bit, though...maybe get back into the "left over's" heads again at the end... Good job!
01/13/06
Perfect! :) :) Loved it! ;)
01/13/06
Wonderful, fun read. I really enjoyed this! Great imagination. Thanks.
01/13/06
This one left me with a smile (and the desire to go clean my fridge!) Too much fun. Blessings, Lynda
And I was starting to feel sorry for those 'inmates'! I shall smile for the rest of the day and, as ever, the writing was very good. God bless.
01/14/06
Your false depth was intriguing and hilarious. Great job!
01/14/06
Thanks Benji for the link. A funny read that led me down an unexpected path.
Wonderful twist at the end, but I was at first confused and had to slow down my reading when I came to this line: "the pale face of a young woman with a beautiful ring looked down on the sorry looking inmates in her new husband’s old refrigerator - a vacuum cleaner stood guard just behind her."
At first, I thought she was WEARING the refrigerator! LOL
Then I understood what the forsaken penitentiary was! ROFL!
I have to warn you that not all new wives instinctively know how to tame a bachelor-turned-husband. And some husbands are actually like the wife in your story.
Now I am going out to see what's in the fridge for breakfast, and the occupants had better not give me any lip!
Excellent writing!!
ROFL! What a trip! Great comic writing! So cute!
Hilarious! You got me going...loved the image of the gorgeous gal (probably grimacing) with the vacuum cleaner...what a riot. :-)