The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1261 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/05
Wonderful story, written with excellence. Thanks.
12/13/05
What a wonderful story. Very touching and very well written. God bless...and Merry Christmas.
12/14/05
Very enjoyable. Deserves to be expanded into a larger piece.
A sweet and tender ending to a story defined by unfulfilled desire. Thank you!
The first paragraphs almost sound Dickensian in their portrayal of extreme poverty. So wonderfully put, the action moved me along. I actually expected to read that he opened the box to find a pair of sneakers, or opened an envelope that invited him to go with someone to make sure the sneakers would fit his feet. No way did I expect the gloves.
What a beautiful sacrifice of love!
12/15/05
Such a sweet story, and so well written. Perfect for this time of year - when giving brings joy to the Giver as well as the Receiver.
Nicely done.
Beautiful story that fitted the topic so well. Well done.
Sweet story. :-)
Good story. It shows that we can only give what we have ourselves recieved. Sammy recieved undeserved love from a strange pastor, and his heart was filled to overflowing such that he could give something of greater value to his mother even though he had many needs himself.
Thank you for your story. We can only genuinely love others because we have first received Christ's love.
12/19/05
A sweet story. You surprised me at the end. I too expected Sammy to find sneakers! Yeggy.
I really like the surprise ending. Even though this isn't your usual or favorite style of writing, you did it well.