The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1967 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/04/15
Fun story. You are right, winning the heart is better than being a good cook.
12/04/15
Charming little story. No red ink from me.
12/04/15
This was a charming story and proves that love wins out in the end. Catchy title and you nailed the topic.
12/05/15
Great read, and well done.
I really enjoyed your story--made me hungry! I loved the ending.
12/05/15
Great story. Filled with a nice pinch of wisdom, too. Well done.
12/05/15
Brilliant read this well written piece!

Excellent job.

God bless~
I'm hungry now. :) You definitely have a talent for describing food.

I liked how you started out describing this delectable dish, but then it went south. That's happened to me more times than I can count.

There's a nice nugget of wisdom in this light story, which I think is always good.

And good title.

God bless!
You have a delightful sense of humor. I enjoyed this. You pulled me in with showcasing the conflict right in the beginning.

For me, the middle was a bit slow. I think you got caught up with the right way to make it and forgot about the conflict for a tiny bit. When the mother-in-law suggested margarine instead of butter, you pulled me back in. Maybe next time, keep the conflict going with dialog and body language. You could have her toss the butter out of the cart, pick up margarine and declare. "This tastes just like butter, and it's cheaper. Plus you look like you could spare a few calories and fat." By doing something like that, you could still include the recipe, but give it slowly, immersed within the conflict.

I thought the ending was great. It left me with a huge smile on my face. You definitely nailed the topic. You also delivered a great message too. I thoroughly enjoyed this.
12/10/15
Congrats Judith,
What a masterpiece! You're win is so well deserved.
God Bless,
Francie
12/10/15
Congratulations, Judith, on your well deserved EC award.
12/10/15
Congrats Judith. Great entry. Placement well deserved.
12/10/15
Congratulations on your win. Your story was one of my favorites.
12/10/15
Loved this! Congrats!

God bless~
12/10/15
Congratulations on your win - and on your EC. You've combined a fun read with some appetizing material and a light touch of perspective - even from a new bride!
12/11/15
Congratulations Judith on your EC win.
12/14/15
Brilliant tale my dear and I'm wondering if your recipe will be as delicious as it is described when I try to prepare it.