The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 715 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/04/15
Enjoyed this story a lot. I have a lot of respect for the sharecroppers. I thought you did well keeping the dialect believable.
12/04/15
I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the slaves that were freed after the Civil War. I liked that the ending was amicable between the owner and his workers. Well-written
12/05/15
Excellent approach to the topic, and so interesting in content and delivery.

Well done.

God bless~
This is an awesome story. I hung onto every word. You did an awesome job of developing the characters. The only red ink I have is your first line. Not only is it passive, but it doesn't fit with the rest of the dialog. Plus, you did such an outstanding job of describing the heat and humidity, it really didn't matter if it was August or December because I could feel the heat. This is on my all time favorite list for sure.
12/10/15
Congrats Brenda,
What a masterpiece! Your dialogue was amazing. I loved the tone and the final outcome.
God Bless,
Francie
12/10/15
Congratulations on placing 2nd place in the Advanced category. The dialogue was brilliant and the MC told the story well.
12/10/15
Congratulations on your win. I enjoyed your story very much.
12/10/15
Great job! Congrats!

God bless~
12/10/15
I am so glad this piece got 7th place and will be published for all to read.
12/11/15
Congratulations on your 2nd llace win in advanced and EC award.
What a captivating read! I couldn't stop to take a breath. Congratulations!
12/18/15
I really enjoyed your one of a kind entry.
Congratulations on your win.