The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 964 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/15
Yes, different people will definitely require different methods.

I would have tried to expand on this a little more, and make it more about surrender itself, rather than about convincing others to surrender. Maybe delve into what happens when we surrender to God. Also, this feels like a devotional, and it would probably be best to include a verse or two to back up what you're saying.

Over all, this is a good reminder that we can all be used in different ways.
05/20/15
Yes, I should have included bible verses. Stephen's sermon comes to mind when he told his tormentors "Ye stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye, (Acts 7:51 KJV), or when Paul spoke about the wrath of God against sin in Romans chapters 1 and 2. Jesus also reserved his most scathing rebukes for the religious who were unwilling to lay down their pride and believe on Him. I on the other hand, naturally avoid the confrontational approach, and always gravitate toward the more loving approach. But I am learning surrendering my will to what God wills in terms of our witness is a test of my obedience to God. In other words - if I can't be the vessel God chooses to use - I can at least stay out of the way of the one who is the right vessel for God to use, and not be critical. This was the point I was trying to make.
08/15/16
A good article with words to ponder on. Sometimes we try to shove Christ's love on someone. As you say, we can live our lives in a way that reflects Christ love and tell people about Him in a non judgemental way.. We indeed are all but sinners saved by grace. But the only one who can truly put us under conviction and let us see how much we need Jesus is the Holy Spirit. A good read.