The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1558 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/08/05
Lovely. A well-crafted piece with a satisfying ending. Your descriptions were just enough to really establish the setting, and I want to say that your writing makes me want to read the next cahpter of this story. Well done.
12/08/05
I agree with Karen, I'd like to get to know this couple better.

A few minor things: in the first two paragraphs, you mention "their" and "them", but the reader has only met Jessie. We don't know who else you're talking about until later. Also, please let us know that Jake is a dog a few sentences earlier--the obvious inference is that he was a child.

A well-written slice of life--thanks!
I often wander around my garden remembering who gave me what or when or why I planted something. Because of this felt connectd to the story from the beginning. An enjoyable read that was nicely done. Keep writing.
12/10/05
A beautiful story, and very well written. I always learn something from my reading. I never knew Azalea's were known as evergreens. I do know they're beautiful in the Spring, but when they bloom, they only last 2 to 3 weeks at the most! Thank you for this lovely story. I loved it! God BLess.
A sweet story and easy read. Enjoyed the ending....tender and hopeful.