The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1560 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/06/05
Oh, very touching! I wondered at first did the husband do something and you surprised me with her pain over her child.
12/07/05
I write this with tears in my eyes. You have created a mood here that is very effective. The endig does leave one wondering what happened to the baby, but I suspect that is what you intended.Well done.
12/08/05
What a wonderful husband Matt is! Beautifully written.
A tender and touching story. Beautifully written. Well done.
A good commentary on relational pain and healing. I found myself tearing up by the time I got to the end....

A well done story!
12/14/05
Beautiful ... so touching. The way you brought the theme of spring through it all was just beautiful too - very masterful.

I read in your profile that you lost a baby ... no wonder you can write with such feeling. Indeed, you have enabled even someone who has never known such pain get a glimpse of it.

I'm not spying ... I clicked on your profile because you commented on my tree piece and I wanted to return the favour. But of course, I don't yet know what tree piece you wrote, so went to your profile to find a recent piece, and am I glad I did!
What a wonderful piece! You had my attention with the first paragraph and held it throughout the story. I too found myself wondering what the hubby did and was surprised at the ending.

You did a great job of capturing the mother's pain and the hubby's strength and compassion. Again, great story. I'm still teary-eyed