The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 973 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/27/14
Very powerful and well written. Sad story well told.
02/27/14
You present an all to real situation.

Your story is touching and well written. It is so unfortunate that Greg choose the longer end of the stick.

Thanks for sharing.
I enjoyed your story. It perfectly captured the mind-set of a man just putting his time in church.

There are several sentences in which you have left out a word, like "in" or "the." Also, there was no need to mention that he was your husband of 29 years a second time.

These are small things and I don't mean to nit-pick. I just thought you might like to know.

I hope you do well.

Blessings,
Dusty
This has impact. I like it. Great use of words!
02/28/14
Excellent work. Your entry was multi-layered and intricately woven with room to ponder and reflect.

Nicely done!

God bless~
02/28/14
Dang. That was an intense ending. I always appreciate the writers here that don't always tie everything up in pretty ribbons. Well done.

Just one small note, I believe you want to use "heard" in this sentence: "He thought he’d hear some rumbling earlier in the service."

Great, well told story. I look forward to reading more of your work.
02/28/14
Wow! What a powerful ending. This gave me chills. I almost died before I was saved. Then God decided to use me as a writer.

Terrific writing. Definitely a winner in my book.
03/01/14
Sobering in its descriptiveness and clarity, since we can't know how long we have. Great title as well.
03/01/14
Brilliant writing with a sad but bang on topic ending.
03/01/14
Wow, you had me captured from beginning to the sad end. I laughed at the beginning part. :) What a smack-hard ending. Very sobering.
03/06/14
You created a compelling twist at the end of your story.
One tinge of red-
I think you forgot the word 'the' before situation.
Congratulations on ranking 9th in your level. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.