The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1648 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really enjoyed this story. A very creative interpretation of the topic.
11/04/13
Lovely story. Loved all the little details and the way you rounded it off at the end. Especially the last line. Great writing and good take on the topic.
11/04/13
Oh I really liked this well written story. Nicely done, and nicely told.

God Bless~
11/04/13
Oh, this warmed my heart straight down to my toes. Especially the lines about "Fish out of Water" and thene that flirtatious smile of Alicia's. Very fine writing here, sir. I thought you had moved to Master' level. That's where you belong, anyway. Blessings...
I love to fish so thoroughly enjoyed your well written story. Note: it should be "jon boat" rather than "John boat" though they are pronounced the same. Well done.
Your descriptions take me right there - both places. A most delightful read. I miss fishing, but I do not miss the worms nor the gaspings. Sometimes we tossed bits of Velveeta Cheese into the lake as an apology for our injurious intrusion.
The soft, gentle descriptions of a day fishing on a quiet lake were right on and very enjoyable. I did get a little jolted when you went from the boy's point of view to the grandfathers in the first few paragraphs. But overall, nice take on the topic and a really good story.
11/07/13
Congratulations Sheldon!

God Bless~
11/07/13
Congrats on your HC! I knew it was a winner!
Congratulations on placing 5th in your level and 14 overall! (the highest rankings can be found on the message boards)