The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1848 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
God’s plans are not always our plans. Praise Him for His infinite wisdom and to Him be all the glory. Just As I Am is my favorite alter call song. Love it!
11/08/05
Such a bittersweet story, but beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
11/09/05
Oh, so beautifully written!
11/09/05
I love true stories like this! Thanks for reminding me to put on some P. and W. right now!
An entrancing account of true faith!
I loved the line "there’s no room for self-pity in a praising heart". That catches the entire lesson in so few words-words to live by.
11/10/05
Debbie beat me to it ... I was also going to comment on that line: "there’s no room for self-pity in a praising heart". I also love these sorts of pieces knowing that they are real and being challenged by them ... even though it is so so so so so so sad ... and yet happy ... but to feel Marilynn's pain ... and then the doctor's pain. Too sad. But very well written :-)
11/10/05
Oooh..this was so good!:) Loved how intimately you involved us in her pain and her understanding.
Our ways are not God's ways and yet He understands with a parent heart. A well rounded story encouraging and inspiring. Thoughtfully written.
11/11/05
This is so beautiful and it brought tears to my eyes. You conveyed your message so well.
11/11/05
'Marilynn was afraid to breathe, afraid to look at her daughter’s face.' I would be afraid too. A well crafted account of this confusing yet destined time. And I probably would have the same perception that God was going to heal my daughter by bringing her back - yet it was a message to her to let her go. Well done.
This one really got to me. Great work.
Beautifully written. This is just so sad - more so because it's true. We would let Jill live - but we don't see the whole picture. Well done.
11/13/05
Yes, this is beautiful work, Anita. A reminder to me that I, too, need to be singing God’s praise, no matter what the circumstances. You entered into the emotions of both mother and daughter so well that this story really struck a chord with me. Thank you for taking the time to do that. Yeggy
A bitter sweet story told so very well. God bless.
"It was in those moments that Jill sang." I love that line. Beautiful story!
Beautiful story, just beautiful. Well-deserved award this week. Congratulations!
11/15/05
Wow. This is incredible. Powerful. Tear moving... you know, all the rest


WELL DONE!
WELL DONE!
WELL DONE!
11/15/05
Wow. This is incredible. Powerful. Tear moving... you know, all the rest


WELL DONE!
WELL DONE!
WELL DONE!
11/15/05
Wow. This is incredible. Powerful. Tear moving... you know, all the rest


WELL DONE!
WELL DONE!
WELL DONE!
Well done, Anita. I pray everyday for the strength and the faith to also praise God when I finally am called home to His arms. You have honored your Father in Heaven with this beautiful story. Congratulations, and thanks for blessing so many with your words.