The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1017 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/23/13
With so much musical information flowing through this piece, I'm finding it hard to B Natural. But seriously, I love your use of music as similes for life and its lessons. Great dialogue between your characters is a good teaching aid as well.
I like the title, and the use of a teachable moment reminds me to be more alert to those opportunities. Well done.
02/23/13
Very nice. Well written with a wonderful message. God Bless.
02/24/13
Different and very clever approach to the topic.
Nicely done. God bless~
Delightful!
02/24/13
This is a different approach to the topic and is written in such a captivating way. Maybe it's a mother thing, but I always cry when I'm decluttering my memory cupboards. I really enjoyed this well written piece.
Very realistically done. Quite a wealth of musical information. Thank you for the teachable moment for mothers and daughters everywhere.
God bless.
02/25/13
What an interesting, well-written story! I appreciate the quote from Christian Schubart (sp?), too, as it relates so well to the topic. I enjoyed listening in on Mom's "teachable moment" and loved that both mother and daughter were so touched by the words of the song. Great job! :)
02/25/13
Charming and interesting all wrapped up in this winsome piece. Well done!
I really enjoyed the mother-daughter relationship. The scene that you set in the beginning drew me in. I found a special connection with your characters. I have no musical ability whatsoever, however, for the most part, I think I understood what you were saying. I like that you gave the key at the bottom to explain different things like the pound sign means sharp. I thought it was a sign for flat, but since I can't tell if a note is sharp or flat, to me it makes no difference. I wonder if instead of using the symbol if you had written it out if it might have made a difference for others. But that is just one tiny detail. The point of the story is the love between a mother and a daughter and that is what touches my heart.
Congratulations on placing 6th in your level and for ranking 25 overall!