The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 993 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is definitely an out of the box story. I hate to say this but your MC is a tad wacky. She must be as I've had similar conversations with animals and my middle name is Tad Wacky! :)You did a great job of writing on a topic that is closely related to the others this quarter, yet you still came up with a fresh POV and delightful characters (my favorite was Gertrude! Any cow that puts an umph in her moo is tops in my book. Not only was it a fun read but it had a perfect message. Many people think just going to Church is enough but your character showed how important it is to surrender one's self to Jesus.
08/31/12
Cute and sweet read. Thank you. God Bless~
09/01/12
I hope this one gets high marks for uniqueness, because I've never seen faith approached at this angle. How interesting it is to consider what food tastes like to all the different creatures on earth. I'd never considered this before.

And when you mentioned the pastor's message, it made me wonder about humanity. I wonder if life, faith, and spiritual journeys taste different for each individual. Either way, I agree with you, acceptance of the Lord is sweet to the taste.

Certainly an interesting take on the subject! Good descriptive writing; I could see the hummingbirds and hear Gertrude.
09/04/12
Since I love animals of all kinds, I enjoyed this piece. I too have wondered about hummingbirds and their taste buds! Nice story, Thanks!