The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 885 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/19/12
I loved this entire brilliant piece. The conception of Jesus being invited into OUR kitchen was beyond clever...what a great analogy. I wish I had thought of this!

Well-written and tangible in all aspects. Great job. It spoke to my heart.

God bless~
Amen! Okay wait a minute until the tears stop so I can see the keyboard. Wow! Man you were really allowing the Holy Spirit to use you this week. I tingled because is presence is so palpable through your words. I love the comparison and think this is simply a brilliant bit of writing. The way you used the repeating phrases was an art form all on it's own but then when I came to the conclusion I could feel the bricks that god tosses in my direction sometimes when I'm being stubborn and wanting to do things my way. This is for sure one of my all-time favorites and I can't tell you how much of an impact you have had on me this morning. Wow and again wow!
07/22/12
So true! I like the way you use the dining room vs kitchen to talk about letting the Lord into the nitty-gritty and 'real' parts of our lives. Well done.
07/23/12
I loved this. It has such wisdom and depth. Thanks for writing it!
07/24/12
Too true. This is a great devotional. Good job!
This is such a great concept and you presented it very nicely, making it easy for the reader to understand the message. This is not always an easy task, but you made it look so. Great job!
07/25/12
I could relate to so much of your dining room verses kitchen, even the Flintstone jelly jars and (for us) even on occasion the plastic QuikTrip cups. :) You successfully incorporated a wonderful message in this too. Very nice work!
07/25/12
Great story. I love how you used the dining table versus the kitchen table and what each symbolizes. Good job! God bless!
07/26/12
Congratulations on your HC. This is a great entry and well deserving!
07/26/12
Congratulations on being the only male to reach into the top five!!!!!!
But seriously, you have brought such a clear and positive challenge in such down to earth language.
Well done.
07/26/12
Congrats! God Bless~
09/24/12
This article, ministered to my heart more than the first, second, and third place winners. That said, the article would be better if you cleaned up the first several paragraphs. Get rid of all words not absolutely necessary. Say it more concisely in as few words as possible.
Just say it like you talk. For, at the beginning of a sentence sounds, well,
wrong. Just simplify, simplify, simplify.
However, the spirit of your writing got first place in my heart.

You did good,
Dixie Eddy