The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 981 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/12
Awww...beautifully told and beautifully written. Such a clever fresh take on the subject. I loved the ending, I didn't know where it was going at first, then kind of hoped it had a good outcome. And, it did!

Thanks for sharing.

God bless~
05/12/12
I began suspecting about halfway through what this was, but you did a FABULOUS job regardless. Definitely changed forever - and a great piece for this Mother's Day week. (and just FYI - I was born almost exactly two years later than your first was)
Really enjoyed this piece.
05/13/12
A real good look at a life changing 'weariness'....I felt the MC's anger and frustration and just celebrated the outcome!
Good job!
You made me smile. For anyone who's been there, we can relate. For anyone who has not, they understand much better now. Well done!
05/15/12
Very good descriptive writing. The intensity within the story comes through. Well done on a nicely written piece!
You did a fantastic job of capturing the pain and fear in bringing a child into the world. Of course in 1965 husbands were sent to pace in the waiting room and breathing exercises hadn't been fully perfected yet. I'm not sure if it is because I was an OB nurse for several years or a mom but I did know you were describing labor. I still enjoyed the story from the first word to the last.
05/16/12
A very well written and engaging piece. I was moved by the range of emotions and the descriptive clarity you brought to each moment. The ending brings a smile to your face - you can feel the love blossom. Nice job!