The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 892 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
These are precious memories and I feel all the richer having you share them with me. I had to giggle at some of the practical jokes. As you now know, we adults have to have our fun too. Nice job.
05/03/12
Warm loving descriptions of the things that you see so well in your mind's eye that you can share them with your reader as if it is happening in front of them.

I felt as if you took me by the hand and gave me the grand tour of your beloved life.

Thank you!
05/05/12
This made me smile, I really enjoyed the whole piece. It was light hearted and a feel good entry. Nicely done.

Thank you. God Bless~
05/07/12
Right from the opening paragraph, you painted a warm feeling of home and simplicity that carried throughout the entire piece. I had to laugh at the pranks the older folk played on the children - and how today they might get reported. Truly was a different time for sure.

This was so moving, bringing the reader back to a place where lifelong memeories were created - ones that give strength that lasts a lifetime.

This was excellent!
05/07/12
I found this warm and sweet, taking me back to some things in my own childhood. Great writing.
05/09/12
I enjoyed this tender, poignant story immensely. What a wonderful childhood for any child to experience. Good job! Well written. God bless!
05/10/12
Memories of a fun past make us richer today, while sad memories make us a lot poorer. May we keep only the good memories that encourage us and not store up memories that keep us moving forward. Thanks for sharing this. A nice story for light-reading, beautifully written.