The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1022 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/16/12
A riveting story that had me cheering on the MC.

Good job! God Bless~
03/16/12
I forgot to add - the ending was powerful and gripped my heart. Excellent job.

God bless~
Well written. The ending surprised me. I like endings that surprise me!
03/17/12
This. Is. AMAZING! Though I'm not a professional, I love to run, and Paul's analogy of our spiritual life being a race has always been one of my favorites.

Your wording here was so powerful! I was there running with Leah the whole time. The thought crossed my mind that maybe she had had some health issues that would have prevented her from this sort of run in the past, but I still didn't see the ending coming. I agree with the others ... that surprise ending really adds an extra element to the story! It shows that God is with us no matter what.

Great writing!
03/17/12
Oh, this is great. Some accomplishments may SEEM bigger than others, but that doesn't make them any less significant. What a beautiful way to show that.
I'm not a runner, but I still got into the race with Leah, pumping, breathing, and communing with God. The ending was AWESOME! Great great job.
03/18/12
Absolutely superb! Loved every single word of it. The end was such a nice surprise.

You definitely need to start writing again! With that kind of writing you'll be a Level 4 in no time at all! (Maybe this time)!

Great work!
Wonderfully inspiring story--I loved the ending, as well as the message. This was good --beginning to end.
03/19/12
Oh, Glynnis - I ADORE the ending - and the analogy - and the title (clever hint!). Wonderful writing, my friend.
03/21/12
Running the race despite challenges is how we should live. You've shown this very well in your nicely written story.
03/21/12
Powerful ... powerful ... powerful ... and, oh yeah ... powerful!!! This was tremendous. The analogy, the lesson on faith and maturity, the writing, everything about this piece was beyond 1st class. Absoutely brilliant!
Wonderful story! Reminded me of Erid Liddell who said that when he ran, he could, "feel God's pleasure." You took us right to the heart of it. Great ending!
Great story! Congratulations for placing 7th in level 3!