The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1690 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/24/05
This is the first entry I've read for this topic, and if the rest are this intriguing, then the competition is going to be fiercer than ever. Well done!
Well done! I agree with Anita, this is a very intriguing story. I liked getting the glimpse of a different land.
10/27/05
Wow, what a skillfully written story! I want to know more.
10/27/05
High degree of interpretative description, so well done as to define the vivid narration. A standing bravo from this reader.
10/27/05
Unfortunately, we have to learn lessons the hard way sometimes. It is painful as a parent to watch this happen. A very heartfelt story. Thanks for sharing it:)
It is as if you have drawn back the curtain on a hidden drama...very well portrayed. I think it is important to know the history of our faith around the world.
10/28/05
Wow! What dub said. And everybody else! ;) Again - Wow!
10/28/05
I love reading your work. The Chinese pieces are definitely (as stated above) compelling. Well written as always. Yet another "bravo!"
Blessings, Lynda
10/29/05
Very well done -you took us on a trip to another time and place.
I really enjoyed this intriguing story. Well-written and so realistic. Good on you!
11/01/05
Suzanne, it's that time of the week where I pop in and let you know that you did very well in the Rain challenge. You ranked 20th out of 147 entries - so give yourself another pat on the back. You are really doing so well. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
11/02/05
My breath caught in my throat, I swore in my head and something strange came over me when reading this. I don't know how to describe it. I'm feeling quite like I want to cry.
I don't know what has triggered my overwhelmed response but it must be something your doing right (I suppose).
You captured China as a whole quite right in this, better than your other writing honestly (even though your other stuff is good, you just hit the nail on the head with this one). The feeling, the atmosphere.
It's really strange. Reading things sometimes have a strange effect, but this is a little spooky. My heart is still racing.
It's... breathlessly amazing.
Oh, man, I might cry :(