The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 873 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Terrific truth here - 'cuz marriage often ain't like a "box of chocolates"! Believable dialogue, nice use of a counseling session to bring commitment to life for this young couple, and for us!
I loved it. seemed so real. Such realistic characters, but mostly I love the point you made. My husband and I will read this one during one of our marriage Bible Studies.
01/13/12
Awesome work. My daughter recently got engaged and is in pre-marriage counseling. I cannot wait until this article is released so I can send the link to my daughter and future son-in-law. Great job!
01/13/12
Fantastic job of bringing the characters to life! This was well written, and flowed smoothly throughout.

I can still remember our sessions, some 32 years ago, and the wonderful advice the Pastor gave to the both of us.

It resonated truth, it held my attention-and it packed a powerful message. Nicely done. I really enjoyed this.

God Bless~
01/15/12
I love that line at the end, "We just did."
01/18/12
Great stuff here. I'd thought about a similar approach to this topic, but you've handled it beautifully.
01/19/12
Loved the dialogue and the characters and especially the reference to chocolate. Good job! God bless!
01/19/12
An excellent piece for marriage counseling. This story reminds me of the time my wife and I went through those sessions with the Pastor. I sincerely hope this piece will help the many out there to seriously consider going through marriage counseling before the actual wedding, and to remember the importance of commitment beyond the sentimental feelings. Nicely written!