The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 979 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/20/11
This entry is this week's randomly chosen winner of our weekly bonus prize--a free ratings feedback report. The author will be contacted today via the Private Messenger service with more information.

Congratulations. :-)

Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
05/21/11
Congratulations on the bonus prize, well deserved…I loved this story! So many of the details could have been my grandparents story, even my parents, all poor and so hardworking, from large families. (though my parents did get their education later, it was after they had married!) Wonderful testimonial to your parents, especially your dad! Well done!
05/21/11
Absolutely love all the details. You did a wonderful job painting a picture with your words. Enjoy the evaluation - I'm sure it will be helpful.
05/22/11
What a great story you tell here about a generation that is too often forgotten in our society today of instant gratification and our sense of entitlement. We forget that once there were young, vibrant people who walked our countryside and expected nothing they didn't earn by the sweat of their own brow. Thanks for telling their story.
05/30/11
This reminds me of my grandparents. Very hardworking, resourceful, loving and Christian. Wonderful story!
Leola, read this after you reviewed my story for outlandish. Reminded me so much of my mother's family of 9. Hardworking and industrious. I hope you enjoyed your prize.