The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 908 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You certainly put your MC in the ultimate situation to witness to sacrificial love as demonstrated by Jesus. I can't help but wonder when the doubter reached earth, were they duly changed? From what you wrote, I think they just might have been.
The best story of a "true" witness I've read in a long time!
Beautiful writing. Superb descriptions. Ultimate hero. I hope I’m not being too picky here though, but I did feel I had to suspend belief quite a bit to accept that the plane had parachutes for passengers and they had time to jump in an orderly fashion. But it was a great way to show an example of selfless sacrifice and it was done skillfully. :-)
05/01/11
Captivating story with a marvelous ending! Well done and superb writing skills! God bless!
05/02/11
You set the scene so artistically, before zeroing in on the challenge to your MC's faith. I also was surprised about the parachutes being supplied and used so calmly, but I thought your closing sentence said it all.
I enjoyed the story line and descriptive phrasing. Since commercial aircraft do not carry parachutes, this part of the story doesn't work. The concluding point conveys a great message and makes this a worthwhile read.
05/04/11
The man put his faith into action perfectly and I think, maybe in the future - maybe they used parachutes? :) all's good.
05/04/11
Wow, your title is perfect! Your message shines through. I was so totally absorbed in your story. Great!
Congratulations on ranking 10th in level 3!
Wow! I didn't see that ending coming. That's how Jesus loved us, though. He gave his life so that we could be saved. Outstanding work! Congrats on placing.